Friday, January 7, 2011

Thanksgiving!

OK...so it is January but I'm not going to post Christmas till I review Thanksgiving. We hosted a house full and enjoyed every minute. Randy's parents flew out the week before with Randy's sister Peggy and her husband Jim. Kim and Jason and their family arrived the day before and stayed till the next week. We were joined on Thanksgiving day by Jessica and Jared and their kids and Brent and Cryssi (Jim's daughter) and their two boys.
Before Thanksgiving we visited Plymouth Rock MA where it all began.
Everyone helped with the food preparation. Randy brined and cooked the turkey.
We spent the day after Thanksgiving in NYC!
So fun to have a visit from Maddie, Colin, Ethan and parents

We celebrated Kim's birthday during their visit
Papa made turtles with cashews instead of pecans. Perfection!

Granddad and Colin



6 comments:

Megs said...

I think it's fine that it's January & you're posting about Thanksgiving! :) Those turtles make me want to break my no junk food rule this year, though...yum!

Jessica Sorensen said...

How did I miss the turtles? Thanks for having us you are always a very gracious host. I barely got thanksgiving posted before Christmas and still have christmas to blog so you aren't any more behind than me :)

Kimberly said...

SO sweet of you not to mention the fact that I worked the entire time and neglected visiting with you.

I have a much deeper appreciation for turtles after watching all the work that goes into preparing them.

Love you guys!

Meagan said...

Thanksgiving with you guys holds a very special place in our hearts. (Nic was feeling especially crazy a few days before Thanksgiving this year and wanted to fly out to see you. Looks like you had a full house. Its a good thing we didn't). Glad you had such a great time and we hope to spend some future thanksgivings in your company.

*megan said...

The turtles WERE perfection! Nice work.

Harris Beach Bums said...

I really want one of those turtles right now.