Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Caring for the Carolina Kids

I hung out with Ethan, Colin and Maddie last week while their mom and dad enjoyed some R&R in the Turks and Caicos.
Ethan kept Grammy busy thinking up amazing things to create with Legos
Sweet Maddie kept me busy worrying when she was diagnosed with asthma the day before I became her caretaker. A complete novice in this area, I learned a lot about her treatment including an emergency trip (or 2) to the doctor. Of course, through it all, she smiled and tried hard to be her adorable self.
Colin was such a sweet boy. I cherished the quiet moments when just he and I read the Fish book and sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" before nap and bedtime.
Papa joined me for the weekend. We went to Ethan's t-ball game and played lots of UNO
Love all my sweet grandkids. Spending a few days with them makes me remember how very busy their mama's are!

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

Are you coming to my house next? One little girl will seem like a breeze after the last couple of weeks you have had.

Megs said...

Oh, how sad for little Maddie! I'm glad everything turned out ok and you are a great grammy for making all those visits and spending all that time with your adorable grandchildren!