Thursday, May 13, 2010

Playing with the Boston Boys

Last week and the past 2 weekends I got to hang out with Toby, Ben and Chase in New York and Boston while their parents played in Bali. Time with this trio is both exhilarating and exhausting.
Getting to church and school on time was EASY since they all get up between 5:30 and 6:00 am.
I wouldn't be Grammy Ice Cream cone if we didn't have ice cream served almost daily in a cone.
The boys love to head to my basement and dress up. There was lots of clowning around and some face paint clean up.
And lots of creative Lego projects...
Of course we went hot tubbing, water gunning and all other forms of danger seeking.
While in Boston I got to visit Toby's Open House at school. I held tightly to Chase, the destroyer's hand. Within 30 seconds of entering the classroom he kicked the life size wooden block ship that the students had built for the event.
While Todd and Ashley played with the monkeys in Indonesia, Grammy played with the Monkeys at one of several playgrounds. The highlight was jumping the huge trampoline in their backyard.

On Saturday we drove to a nearby river, waterfall, and covered bridge and went hiking.
Always an adventure with Toby, Ben and Chase! Grammy enjoyed almost every minute!

5 comments:

Meghann said...

Oh my goodness they sound like so much fun! I adore those freckles!

Nancy said...

I can't wait to have them in my backyard and playroom more. But you go above and beyond. I think Ashley will wish you still lived the closest! Toby looks like he is growing up and thinning out.

Megs said...

They are always so adorable & I always love your pictures. I love their BLONDE hair & little freckles. :)

Kimberly said...

I know you have them again for the third weekend in a row. You are seriously a saint. I'm hoping you still have some Grammy patience and energy left for my three! =)

Ashley said...

Sorry Kim, it's spankings and neglect for your kids! All the love was used up on mine. And I'm squeezing it out one last time this weekend.

You snooze you lose, is our motto.